Sunday, November 23, 2014

Napili Shores Condo Remodel

I just completed a remodel of my condo in Maui at the Napili Shores Resort.
I had just 30 days to replace cabinets, tile, shower, fixtures, carpet, lighting, wallpaper, paint and refurbish furniture and replace all kitchen items and all accessories.  It was a marathon and I couldn't have done it without a great contractor, Jess Leach, who was pushing all the way.


New fabrics, Hawaiian bark cloth pillows and reupholstered chair cushion.  I used 3 different patterns on the pillows to give it a more eclectic look.   This wall is concrete so I used a rafia/seagrass vinyl wall covering to soften and warm it up.  I have a surf board wall art piece coming for over the day bed...stayed tuned!
Lighting pendents from West Elm
We put the pendant lighting on dimmers adding a nice ambiance 
New and practical pantry, desk and fun Hula girl lamp from CB2
Notice the new tile.  It is 12 x 24 and has linen fabric look/pattern
Vinyl wall paper wraps the bar; white solid surface counters; bamboo cabinets; new appliances

I had this dresser and mirror refinished in a bamboo color.  The lampshade is custom made, covered in the Hawaiian bark cloth and new chair cushions
I had this headboard custom made.  We used crushed bamboo panel.   The electrical wiring was hidden behind to get rid of the conduit on this concrete wall. New duplexes added below each shelf, important for cell phone charging!
Here you can see the wall paper.  New lighting through out made a big difference.  I tried to think of the extras, like make up mirror through out to make my guests visits a great experience.




BEFORE PICTURES 
I bought this condo in 2013 and wasn't able to get there for a remodel until just Oct '14. 
It was very sad and dreary but, even so, I had great and happy guests, grateful for the bargain price, and at, that it was super clean and comfortable!


I did some fluffing and removed A LOT of knickknacks, added pillows, and new TV but it was still pretty bad
Brown, pink, aqua and dreary
Conduit wiring was removed
This is the dresser I had refinished to match the bamboo headboard
Notice the conduit wiring...the new custom headboard hides the electrical
Lots of pink walls, old oak cabinets with laminate counters
Reupholstered Cushions
Old tile, oak cabinets, old stove and odd little desk.  Old ugly tile.

2 comments:

  1. The remodel looks wonderful! I like the neat and tidy looks of the fitted bedding on the day beds. And the walls really look great.
    - Patricia at TheBlackSheepShoppe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Patricia. And thanks for stopping by. I will check out your blog in just a bit.

    ReplyDelete